Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Celestial VALET service?




Main Scripture: Psalm 4

1 Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness!
         You have relieved me in my distress; 
         Have mercy on me, and hear my prayer. 
         
 
2 How long, O you sons of men,
         Will you turn my glory to shame? 
         How long will you love worthlessness 
         And seek falsehood?  Selah  
 
3 But know that the LORD has set apart for Himself him who is godly;
         
The LORD will hear when I call to Him. (Psalm. 4:1-3 NKJV)

Delight yourself also in the LORD,
         And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
(Psalm 37:4 NKJV) 

So much to glean from this short Psalm! It’s so full of raw emotion. Indeed, it fills my heart with PURE joy just to read or listen to it. I am like a kid in a candy store. Don’t know which “candy” (Truth) to muse over. Let me listen to it again … and again. The Holy Spirit will pinpoint one or two truths He wants me to meditate on today.

Like David, I too have the unwavering assurance that God hears me when I call to Him. He has answered countless prayers of mine, ranging from small, and medium, to big requests. The small requests have seemed insignificant to some, but not to God. He can effortlessly keep the universe running smoothly from His seated position in heaven, while at the same time helping me find a parking space downtown, in answer to my simple prayer to Him. After all, He’s God Almighty, isn’t He? Is it too difficult for Him to orchestrate the timing of a space to become free, just as I expectantly come driving along? Of course not! 

It is in His nature to care for His children, to meet their needs, to grant them their desires as they delight themselves in Him. What’s more, His answering our prayers in the seemingly insignificant things of life, gives us assurance that certainly He’ll come through for us in the bigger things as well.

Yeah, let’s put our trust firmly in the Lord, for He WILL answer when we call to Him. Every time! And BTW, “No” sometimes is the BEST answer to many a request......and “NO”, He is definitely not our valet, He simply delights in blessing us in the BIG as well as the little things in life.




RE*J*oicita  PROductions

2 comments:

  1. Yes, my Sister,
    Truly we can rejoice and have confidence that GOD HEARS AND IS CONCERNED WITH
    the very minuest detail of that which concerns or pertains to us, for as HE SAID, "You are worth
    far more than every sparrow that I NOTE falling" (a paraphrased thought from Matthew 6).
    Also we can note from your passage the basis of GODS HEARING Us. We gladly confess
    GOD IS MY RIGHTEOUSNESS and as HIS CHILD, HE IS MY GLORY, enabling in me a
    Godly Walk which results in HIS HEARING my prayer. PRAISE HIM FOREVERMORE !!!
    Truly HIS WISDOM IS PAST FINDING OUT, yet GOD HAS MADE THE LORD JESUS
    CHRIST TO BE TO Us, Our Wisdom, Our Righteouness, Our Redemption and Our Sanctification.

    Jim Van Hecke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, pastor Jim. From your response, I can tell that your experience is personal. What a great God we serve! He knows each of us intimately, even better than we know ourselves. His relationship with each one of us is as unique and special as we are, as individuals. It completely baffles my mind how He has each strand of our hair NUMBERED, not merely COUNTED!! With the Psalmist David, I say, "Such knowledge is too much for me to comprehend!" It gives me a glimpse into the MAGNITUDE and MAGNIFICENCE that is God Almighty.

      Delete