Tuesday, January 10, 2012

See how he is seeking a QUARREL with me :D




Main Scripture: 2 Kings 5


While the times that God LOLed in the Bible can be counted on one hand, and the nature of His LOLing is quite different from ours, the Bible DOES talk about “a time for laughter” in addition to “a time of weeping”, a time of mourning and a time of dancing (Ecclesiastes 3:4) for us as human beings.


Laughter is mentioned among the beatitudes found in Luke, chapter 6. Verse 21 says, 

"Blessed (Happy) are you who hunger now, for you shall be satisfied. Blessed are you who weep now, for you shall laugh".

Personally, I have LOLed many, many times while reading the Bible. Following is an incident from the Book of 2 Kings 5 that makes me laugh out loud every time I read it.

Naaman, while being an important man in the ministry of defense of the Syrian army, was a leper. His servant, a Jewish girl, suggested that he could receive healing if he would only go to the prophet of God in Samaria. So he got a letter from the king of Syria to take to the king of Israel. Here is the hilarious account:

And he brought the letter to the king of Israel, which read, “When this letter reaches you, know that I have sent to you Naaman my servant, that you may cure him of his leprosy.” And when the king of Israel read the letter, he tore his clothes and said, “Am I God, to kill and to make alive, that this man sends word to me to cure a man of his leprosy? Only consider, and see how he is seeking a quarrel with me.” (2 Kings 5:6-7 ESV)

Graciously, God DID heal Naaman of his leprosy through his prophet Elisha! The latter is also quite a character, whose peculiar ATTITUDE made me laugh a lot.

Maybe it’s because I can see humor in almost every situation and most definitely can laugh at myself, but I find that story hilarious as I picture it happening, in my mind. The Bible is full of such LOL evoking stories.


RE*J*oicita  PROductions

No comments:

Post a Comment